WhatsApp web – The WhatsApp messenger app is fast becoming the largest social networking media with its latest features which enables its users to enjoy free and easy access to the app. Recently WhatsApp introduced its messaging app on personal computers and laptop versions.
What is WhatsApp web?? – this is a desktop or laptop version of the WhatsApp messenger app. With Whatsapp, you can use WhatsApp on pc. It allows easy access and synchronizes all your chats but doesn’t have the calling and video features like the standard WhatsApp messenger app. The WhatsApp web is easier and faster for users who type so fast a personal computer or laptop device and also useful to users who wish to use their pc to surf other things alongside whatsapping.
Features of WhatsApp web For PC
- It allows easy accessibility of notifications on Desktop whenever web browser is minimized.
- It has the logout feature which enables you to logout from your web browser if you notice someone else used your phone to access your WhatsApp on web.
- It does not allow more than one web session at a time.
- WhatsApp web does not have the Group or Exit group feature.
- It does not have the Delete or Forward message feature.
Note: WhatsApp web now has two hidden features, first is the “reply privately” feature which enables you to reply to a group message privately. The second hidden feature is the “picture in picture” feature which allows you to open a video in a separate window. A new icon pops out whenever you watch the video and when you select this icon, the picture in picture feature will start the video in a new window on your web browser. This two features are hidden and will be made known to WhatsApp web users at a later date.
What Do I Need To Use Whatsapp On PC
To use WhatsApp web on your personal computer, you need to have the following requirements;
- You need to have an enabled WhatsApp phone.
- A WhatsApp active account.
- Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome web browser.
- A good internet connection on both your phone and your personal computer.
WhatsApp web is temporal and none of your information is stored on your personal computer or laptop. Using the WhatsApp web version on your personal computer or laptop, your messages are still safe and lives on your phone.
Guide on How to use WhatsApp Web Version on your PC
- Go to HTTPS://web.WhatsApp.com in your web browser.
- Scan the WhatsApp Qr code using your phone.
To scan the Qr code;
- Open your WhatsApp messenger on your web browser.
- Go to the chat screen.
- Click on Menu bar.
- Click on WhatsApp web.
Scan the code on your personal computer or laptop device by placing the back of your phone to the barcode that appears on the screen of your personal computer.
Note: have it in mind that your WhatsApp messenger app must be of the latest Whatsapp version, and make sure that you reach the requirements before using WhatsApp on your PC or laptop.