WhatsApp Business App – WhatsApp instant messenger has officially introduced its latest service for business owners. It is free to use and presently available on your device Google play store for download. WhatsApp business app is a free messaging tool for both small and large businesses. WhatsApp Business App enables business merchants to communicate more efficiently with their customers all over the world.
The WhatsApp business app is now making the rounds on the internet. This app is an independent tool for business owners, which helps to manage different aspects of a business account and allows customers to easily access a business via WhatsApp.
The most interesting aspect of a WhatsApp business app is that it can be used on the same device with the standard WhatsApp app. This means that the business app can exist on the same device as the official WhatsApp app. Each of these apps works in series with different telephone numbers and different accounts. You can operate the WhatsApp business app without interrupting your personal WhatsApp account because they are of different apps and accounts.
The following are features of the WhatsApp business app,
- WhatsApp business supports WhatsApp web vetsion— You can operate the WhatsApp service on a web browser without a mobile app.
- The WhatsApp business profile—it includes important information about your business such as your business address, email, and website.
- WhatsApp business statistics—you can see how many messages were successfully sent, read, and delivered.
- Messaging tools—you can use this tool to quickly reply to your customers on the WhatsApp business app.
Before downloading WhatsApp business app, you must first note the following points;
- If you have an existing WhatsApp messenger account t, you will have the option to migrate your chat history to your new business account.
- After migrating your chat history, it cannot be migrated back to your WhatsApp messenger that is if you decide to stop using your business account.
- You can use both apps at the same time on the same device, but each of them must have different phone numbers.
- Before migrating your chats history, you are advised to carry out a “manual backup” of your chats.
How Backup WhatsApp Messenger Chat History
WhatsApp messenger automatically backs up your chats and saves them to your device memory, but you can also backup your WhatsApp chats to a Google drive if you wish to. To backup your chats;
- Open WhatsApp on your device.
- Touch the menu button.
- Tap settings.
- Click on chat tab.
- Click on chat back up.
- Finally, tap the Backup tab.
Setup WhatsApp Business App on your Android Device
To set up WhatsApp business app on your Android device, you have to;
- Download the app from your device Google play store and install the app.
- Launch the app by tapping on the apps icon on your device screen.
- Verify your phone number.
- Restore your chat history (optional).
- Set your business name.
- Create your business profile – describe your business, add email, address and website.
If you are a business owner and you intend using the WhatsApp business app for your business, you will need to have your customer’s contact number and add them to your WhatsApp contact to start interacting with them.
Note: the WhatsApp business does not support searching for a business on WhatsApp.