Facebook Username, is designed to be a part of your public profile. This username enables your friends to locate and easily connect with you on the Facebook platform.
FB username, is a web address for your Facebook profile or Facebook page, which links other users to you.
Your Facebook username, is a variation of your name. Facebook enables you to create your own username or choose a username which it suggests to you.
Advantages of Facebook Username
FB username enables you to do the following;
- You can create a custom link to your profile, which will enable you to share with your friends, or post on external websites
- Your information can be accessed via Facebook. To do this, your friends just have to go to your username, to see your profile and any other public information.
- Get a personal space on the web, where you can send your friends, where you can text as well as make voice and video calls.
To have a Facebook username, you have to create one. Let’s take you thru the criteria and process involved in creating a Facebook username.
Criteria for Creating Facebook Username
Before you go ahead to create FB Username, here are a few things to consider;
- Your username, must not impersonate another person
- You are only permitted to have one username for your page or profile.
- You can’t claim a username that is already in use
- Facebook username, can only contain alphanumeric characters and periods. They are not permitted to contain generic terms or extensions.
- It is advised, that you make your Facebook username at least 5 characters long.
- Capitalization and periods, can’t be used to differentiate usernames.
- Facebook username, must comply with Facebook Statement of Rights and Responsibilities.
How to Create Facebook Username
Here’s how you can create Facebook Username for your page or profile
- Verify your account. This can be done in two ways;
For Facebook Profiles
You are to visit your Facebook profile and verify your account, by keying in and confirming your telephone number.
Thereafter, you’ll get a text message, with a confirmation code. Key in the confirmation code on Facebook, to move on to the next step.
For Facebook Pages
Your page must have at least 25 fans. You can achieve this, by inviting your friends to the page.
- The next step to take, once you are done with your verification, is to scroll to Facebook’s username registration page. Once on this page, you will be asked to key in a username for your Facebook profile, if you haven’t done so already.
- Tap on the link which reads “Set a username for your pages”, and thereafter, key in the username next to the page title.
Once the above-outlined steps have been taken, you are sure you have an FB Username that is unique to you.
Facebook Username, gives you a personalized identity on Facebook, to enable your friends, find and easily connect with you on Facebook.
You check out for other Related Articles:
- Facebook phone number
- How to change Facebook username
- Facebook page username
- Facebook for dummies
- Find friends on Facebook
- Facebook account settings username
- Facebook marketing