Facebook notification settings, can be adjusted and changed to suit a user’s preferences. These settings, are designed to help a user set up his/her Facebook page in a way that best suits him/her.
Facebook, sends out lots of notifications, that can tempting and annoying. These notifications, are updates about Facebook activities, and vary, based on the platform in use.
Facebook notification settings, cuts across different categories of Facebook notifications. These notifications include;
- Push Notifications, Email Notifications, and Red alert Notifications ( Desktop and mobile)
- Text Notifications ( Mobile Only )
- Pop-up Notifications ( Mobile Only).
User’s can apply Facebook notification settings on what they get notifications about, about the group they belong, adjust, turn on or off, or change notifications. All this, can be done via Facebook notification settings.
How to Change Facebook Notification Settings for a Page
To change Facebook notification settings for a page;
- Tap on the “Settings” tab, at the top of your page
- Next, tap on the “Notifications” button in the left column
- Thereafter, edit your notification settings to what best suits you.
How to Adjust Facebook Notification Settings
- Tap “Settings”, to be directed to the notifications section, and choose “Notifications” in the left menu. If your notifications, has never been adjusted before now, the line after on Facebook, will read “All notifications, all sounds”. To change this, tap on the “Edit button”.
- Once this is done, a long list of notification groups will pop up, separated by content type. You can also decide if you want to get notifications and messages with a sound alert.
- From here on, you can adjust notification settings for birthdays and close friends, by either turning them on or off. You can also adjust notification settings for New Local Pages settings, with the same method.
- Notifications about live videos can also be adjusted, to enable you get notifications about live streaming from friends and communities you’re subscribed to, and also Facebook recommendations based on it’s “magic” algorithms.
- You can also likewise adjust separately what notifications, you want to receive about tagged posts and photos, from everyone, friends and friends of friends.
- Adjust notifications about, Group activity, and App requests.
- Also adjust your settings on selected events that happens during the day that you want to be reminded about: All memories, Highlights, or None.
On the Mobile App
- Tap the settings icon in the upper right corner, to open the notification settings, and navigate to “Help & Settings.
- This will bring up the Notification Settings section, the notifications you get, are grouped thematically. Once you tap on any of these categories, you can turn on or off push, email, and SMS notifications for each of these categories.
- If you tap the Push Notifications, where you receive notifications, you can either choose whether you want to get these notifications at all, if you do, you can also decide if they are to come with a sound, vibration, or LED alert.
With Facebook notification settings, you can decide what takes up your time, what you want to see, and what you want to get notifications about to help you focus on other important matters.