You can change your Facebook Name, both on the mobile app, and on the desktop site. Before we get started on the Facebook Name change procedures, note that Facebook will only allow you to change your name a few times.
Facebook Name: How to Change Your Name on Mobile
- Click open Facebook, which is the dark blue app with a white “f” on it. This will automatically pop open your Facebook News Feed if you are already logged into Facebook on your phone or tablet.
- In case you are not logged into Facebook already, fill in your email address (or phone number) and password to continue
- Click the three lines icon at the bottom right corner of the screen for (iPhone) users or the top right corner of the screen for (Android)
- Navigate down and click “Settings”, this is close to the bottom of the page.
- Jump this step on Android
- Click “Account Settings”, to be navigated to your Account Settings page.
- Click “General”, which is the top option on this page
- Click your name. This should be located close to the top of the screen
- Edit your name, by clicking the “First name, Middle name, or Last name field. Fill in your desired name, and repeat for the other fields as required
- Click “Review Change”, which is the blue button at the bottom of the screen.
- Choose a display option. Variations of your name will be displayed by Facebook at the top of the screen, click an option, to choose it as your name’s appearance
- Fill in your password, and thereafter, click “Save Changes”. You are required to fill in your password in the text field above the “Save Changes” tab. Doing this changes your Facebook name.
Changing your Facebook Name on Desktop
- Navigate to Facebook’s website. Navigate to https://www.facebook.com, in your preferred browser. This loads your News Feed if you are already logged into Facebook
- In case, you are not logged into Facebook, fill in your email address (or phone number) and password before proceeding.
- Tap the upside-down triangle icon, which is at the upper right side of the Facebook page. This will prompt open a drop-down menu
- Tap “Settings”, near the bottom of the drop-down menu or use this link https://www.facebook.com/settings
- Tap the “General” button, which is at the upper left side of the page
- Tap your name, which at the top of the General page
- Edit your name, by replacing the name(s) in the “First, Middle, and/or Last fields with your preferred name(s)
- Tap on “Review Change”, which is the blue button at the name section. Tapping on this brings up a pop-up menu
- Choose a display option. Variations of your name will be displayed by Facebook, at the top of the page, tap an option, to choose it as your name’s appearance
- Fill in your password, then tap “Save Changes”. Fill in your password in the text field above the “Save Changes” tab. Doing this will change your Facebook name.
There you have it, you can now have your desired name on your Facebook account to enable your friends and family easily locate you.
- Facebook search by name
- how to change name on facebook
- Creative Facebook names
- change my name on facebook
- Facebook by name
- Facebook confirm identity