Facebook Messenger Update – The Facebook Messenger app is one the most used apps in the world. This app enables you to use the messaging feature of Facebook without having to launch your browser. This app keeps getting updates which make communicating with your Facebook contacts quick and simple.
Facebook Messenger Update on iPhone and iPad
- Tap open the store, this can be found on one of your Home screens
- Tap on the “Updates” tab, this will be seen at the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Navigate through the “Available Updates” section to locate the “Messenger”.
- If “Messenger” is not listed in the Available Updates section, then there is no update available for the app
- Tap on the “Update” tab, please be sure you are connected to a wireless network first, as the update may be large.
- Tap on “What’s New” to view the update details. Much information may not be seen here, as Facebook does not release specific patch notes for updates.
- Start Messenger after the update installs, the update button will turn into a progress meter. After the meter is filled, the update will have downloaded and gotten installed.
- Messenger can be started by tapping the icon on your Home screen. You can also swipe down on your Home screen and type “Messenger” to search it.
- Get the app uninstalled and reinstalled if you can’t update. If you are encountering difficulties installing the update for Messenger, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. All the data is stored on your Facebook account, so you don’t get to lose any conversations;
- Get back to the Home screen if you are in the App Store
- Tap and hold on any app icon until they begin to wiggle
- Tap “X” in the corner of the Messenger app
- Tap the “Delete” button to confirm
- Download the app again from the App Store.
Facebook Messenger update on Android
- Tap open the play store, this can be found in your Apps list. This icon looks like a shopping bag with the Google Play logo on it
- Tap the News Feed button in the upper left corner
- Tap on “My apps & games”
- Navigate through the “updates” section to locate Messenger. Note; there are multiple apps called Messenger installed. Thus look for “ Facebook” under the app name
- If Messenger is not listed in the updates section, then there is no update available for your device.
- Tap “Messenger”, this will get the app store page opened
- Tap the “Update” button. The update will start downloading unless you are currently downloading other updates. If this happens to be the case, the update will be queued to start downloading next.
- You may also need to connect to a wireless network before updating, as the app can be large.
- Hold on for the update to install
- Start Messenger, by tapping the “Open” button from the Messenger store page in the Play Store, or you can tap the Messenger app in your Apps list
- Get the app Uninstalled and Reinstalled, if you can’t update. If you are encountering problems installing the update, you may be able to fix them by uninstalling and reinstalling the Messenger app. All conversations are stored on your Facebook account so you don’t get to lose them.
- Search for Messenger, by opening the Play Store
- In the list of results, tap Facebook Messenger (Download Here)
- Tap Uninstall and then OK to have the app removed
- Tap Install to have the app download again.
With the process or guideline given above, you can always and easily update your Facebook Messenger App so as to get the latest feature of the App. Enjoy Your Facebook Messanger update.