Before we look at how to exhaustively make use of Facebook Messenger app, we will be looking at how facebook messager app is installed first. Below is a well-guided step on how to Install you Facebook messenger App:
Installing the Facebook Messenger App
- Tap open the app store on your mobile device. The messenger app can be downloaded on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android, and Windows phone. Open the device’s app store to locate and download the app.
- The messenger app store page can also be opened directly by opening the Messages section of the Facebook app.
- Look for “Messenger”. Multiple results may likely appear, and some may be named “Messenger” as well
- Get the Messenger app installed from Facebook. (i.e.) the official app from Facebook. Tap the “Install” button to download and install the app
- You may need to connect your device to a wireless network to enable you to download the app
- Log in to the Messenger app, by opening it. Thereafter, you will be prompted to log in with a Facebook account. If you already have the Facebook app on your device, you won’t be required to enter your login information.
- If you do not have a Facebook account, then you can create a special Messenger account with your phone number. This will enable you chat with other people in your contacts list that use the Messenger app. But you won’t be enabled to access Facebook chats. Tap “Not on Facebook” on the login screen to create a Messenger account.
Using the Messenger App
- Take a look at your Facebook conversations. When the Messenger app is launched, all your Facebook conversations will be displayed in the Recent tab. Click on any of these conversations to open them
- Begin a new conversation. Create a new message from the Recent tab by tapping the “New Message” button
- iOS – Click the New Message button in the upper- right corner
- Android – Click the “+” button in the lower- right corner and choose “Write Message”
- Add friends to the Message. Once the new message has been started, a list of friends that you contact the most will be shown to you. You can click a friend on this list or search at the top to locate anyone on your friends list or contacts. Any groups that you have created can also be used.
- Add additional friends by entering in names after choosing the first recipient
- At the bottom of the conversation is a text box with “Write a message” displayed. Click on it if your keyboard has not appeared
- These messages do not have a practical limit on the number of characters you can make use of.
- Click on the emoji button to insert an emoji.
- iOS – Click the Smiley button to the left of your spacebar. Click “ABC” to go back to the regular keyboard
- Android – This button can be located to the right of the text field, click it to open the emoji keyboard, and click it again to return to the regular keyboard.
- Click the Like button to send a thumbs up. Tap and hold the Like button to increase the size of the thumbs up, if it is held for too long, it will “pop”.
- Click the circle icon ( Android) or conversation name (iOS) to change the color, emoji, and other settings.
- Click “Notifications” to turn notifications for that conversation on or off
- Click “Color” to change the color of the conversation
- Click “Emoji” to assign a special emoji character to the conversation. This replaces the “Like” button
- Click “Nicknames” to give each participant a special nickname. This only applies to your current conversation
- Click “View Profile” to see the person’s Facebook profile.
- With small profile pictures icon along the right side of the conversation, you will notice how far in the conversation that person has read.
After Now, I think you can now enjoy some other features, you have been missing out on the Facebook Messenger app. Have a nice time as we will be coming up with more shortly.