Facebook Account Settings – The Facebook online social networking service offers setting tools to enable the user to maximize the best of its platform.
Locate Your Facebook Account Settings
Many Facebook users are often faced with the challenge of knowing where to locate the right settings to address the issues at hand. Below we offer some guidance into this;
To locate your settings, tap
In the top right corner of your screen and choose settings. From here on, you can choose the option in the left sidebar that contains the settings you wish to adjust.
- General Setting: This enables the user to edit the basics like name, email or password.
- Security & Login Setting: This enables alerts to turn on and approvals to keep your account secure
- Privacy Setting: A user can adjust who can see his/ her stuff and who can look them up
- Timeline and Tagging Setting: This function enables the user to restrict who can see their timeline and also helps a user know how to manage photo tagging.
- Blocking Setting: This helps a user manage who and what to block
- Language Setting: This feature enables a user to choose their language choice on Facebook.
Locate Your Language Setting
The language display on Facebook is enabled by the Language settings, to access this;
- Tap At the top right and choose settings
- Tap Language to see the following options
- What language do you want to use Facebook in: This feature changes the language of Facebook’s interface
- What language do you want stories to be translated into This feature changes the language comments and posts written in another language in which they are translated to.
- Which languages do you understand: This feature controls the languages that a user don’t want to see translation options for. Any comment or post written in these languages won’t contain translation options
- Which languages do you not want automatically translated: This feature controls the languages you don’t want automatically translated. Any post written in these languages won’t be automatically translated. Any post written in these languages won’t automatically translate
- Multilingual Posts: This enables a user post in more than one language at a time without automatic translations.
Facebook Account Settings – How to Add or Remove an Email from your Account
Do you want to add or remove email from an account?
- Tap at the top right corner of Facebook and choose settings
- Tap contact in the general tap
- Tap add another email or mobile number to add a new email to your account. Tap remove to delete an email from your account instead.
- Tap Add or Save Changes
The user will need to re-enter your Facebook password and tap Submit before a new email is added to your account.
A confirmation email will be sent to you when you add a new email to your account. Tap the link in the email to confirm that you need this email to be added to your Facebook account.
Facebook Account Settings – How to Add or Remove a Mobile Phone number from an account
If you need to add a new mobile phone number to your account or switch numbers;
at the top right corner of the screen
- Tap settings https://www.facebook.com/settings
- Tap mobile
- Tap Add another mobile phone number to activate a new number
- Fill in your mobile phone number and tap Continue
In case you want to remove a mobile phone number, you can tap Remove from your account next to any number you’d like to remove
It is recommended that you always add an email to your account to help you gain access to your account in case you ever lose access to your mobile phone.