Creating Gmail account gets you into everything Google offers. Once you create a Gmail account, you are linked to Gmail, and other Google platforms, like; Chrome, YouTube, Google Maps.
Gmail gives you an organized inbox, where social and promotional messages are sorted into categories to enable you to read messages from friends and family list. Gmail blocks spam before it gets to your inbox keeping your account safe and clutter free.
You also get 15GB of free storage, which means you don’t need to delete messages to save space. Its multiple account support offer enables you to use both Gmail and non-Gmail addresses (Outlook.com, Yahoo Mail, or any other IMAP/POP email) all from your app.
Creating Gmail account enables you to set up your profile and preferences just the way you like it. You can switch between devices, and pick up wherever you left off.
Creating Gmail account is easy, whether you want a new email address, a different username or more storage for your messages. A Gmail account offers a robust spam filter, which can be used to access your existing email accounts and gain from Gmail, taking out the junk. Gmail can also be used to archive old mail or as a backup.
In this article, we take you thru the steps of creating a Gmail account.
How to Create a Gmail Account
The step below is to take you through the steps on how to create Gmail account
- Go to “Create Your Google Account” for Gmail
- Fill in your first and last name in the “Name” section
- Enter your desired username under “Choose Your Username.”
Your Gmail email address becomes your username, followed by “@gmail.com.”
- If Gmail, notifies you that your username is not available, fill in a different name under “Choose your username” or tap one of the proposals under “”
- Fill in a password for your Gmail account under both “create a password” and “Confirm your password.” Choose an email password that is difficult to guess. It is advised, that for enhanced security, you should enable two-factor authentication later for your Gmail account
- Fill in your birth date and gender in the provided fields.
- You can optionally fill in your mobile phone number and an alternate email address for account verification and authorization. This information is used by Google to protect your privacy and to enable you to recover a lost password
- Type the characters in the captcha picture to verify you’re not a robot.
- Choose your country or location
- Tap “Next Step”
- Enter the characters in the captcha picture to verify you are not a robot
- Tap “Continue to Gmail.”
Now that your account has been fully set up, you can use this easy to use email app to keep your messages safe. Get your messages quickly through push notifications, read and respond online and offline, and locate any message quickly.
We hope this article was helpful in taking you thru the steps of creating a Gmail account.